You are eligible to participate in an internship upon completion of your academic program - if you previously indicated in your application.
Follow these guidelines to maintain your F-1 Status while employed:
Start 30 Days After Graduation
You must apply, be authorized and start working no later than 30 days after the completion of your studies.
You are ultimately responsible for getting the training authorized. Failure to get proper authorization could result in a violation of your J-1 status.
Get Written Approval
You need permission for a job placement from your home institution BEFORE you start.
Align to Your Field of Study
You may only be authorized to participate in an academic training program that is directly related to your course of study, listed on your DS-2019.
JWU does not guarantee finding positions for all students. You are ultimately responsible for finding a position.
Be in Good Academic Standing
Confirm your standing in jwuLink.
Paid or Unpaid Wages
The program may be paid or unpaid, for academic credit or for experience.
The training period must not exceed the time spent in the program of study.
Get Written Authorization
Authorization for all academic training must come from the responsible officer at the International Student Services.
SUBMIT THESE DOCUMENTS:
- An original student copy of DS-2019
- A letter of support from Experiential Education & Career Services indicating how the practical training is directly related to your academic program of study
- A job offer, written on company letterhead, that includes:
- Job description
- Beginning date of employment
- End date of employment
- Number of work hours per week
- Name, address and email of your direct supervisor at the site