Your visa CANNOT be renewed from inside the US. Make an appointment with a US embassy or consulate in your home country.

Documents to Prepare

Before you apply for a visa renewal, make sure that you have these documents:

A valid passport
Your current I-20

With travel signature for re-entry to the US

Evidence of financial support

For example, an updated bank statement.

Your official JWU transcript

Bring transcripts from other schools, if applicable.

Enrollment Letter

Get this from Student Academic Services.

Your class schedule

For the current term, or the next term.


*Please keep in mind that you will not have access to your electronic device(s) when you meet an immigration officer at the airport. Make sure you print these documents.